RLA Full Tenant Referencing
Careful selection and screening of tenants is one of the most important things you will do as a landlord. Leave nothing to chance with a Full Tenant Reference report from the RLA.
Our Tenant Referencing service is fully comprehensive and will provide you with all of the information you need to proceed with confidence. An agreed report also satisfies the requirements of our Rent & Legal Expenses insurance.
Each Full Tenant Reference includes:
- Written confirmation of employment/income from employer/accountant
- Previous tenancy reference or home ownership check
- Residency confirmation
- Identity confirmation
- Rent Affordability calculation
- Full Credit History search (up to 6 years) including:
- County Court Judgment search
- Bankruptcy & IVA data
- Linked/located address checks
- Electoral roll presence
- Existing credit accounts
- Credit score
- Easy to read, comprehensive report sent by email without delay.
How to apply
RLA Tenant Referencing is an online service and is provided on a pay-as-you-order basis. You can order a report from within your user area by logging in.
To start a Full Tenant or Guarantor reference please login to your user area and follow the three simple steps below:
- Enter details of your property and the monthly rent amount
- Enter each tenant/guarantor's name and email address
- Check the summary and make a secure payment using credit/debit card
Each prospective tenant will then receive an email asking them to click to complete their application online. As soon as each person has completed their application we start checking their details!
What if my tenant doesn’t have an email?
Although the vast majority of people now have access to email you are still able to use the services if they do not. Simply download our tenancy application form and have one completed by each person. Using the completed forms, you are able to enter their details online on their behalf.
Prices are per tenant and include VAT at the current rate.